Saturday, July 14

stop.

looking here and there to those close and far
can even one of them meet my needs today
they love me yet i'm not satisfied, not yet
my mind occupies only thoughts of me
down down down...this spiral goes


patiently One is waiting yet to any other i would love to run
physical arms and audible words is what i'm looking for
His gentle hand is plucking away what i think i need
stop. He whispers.
that list you have and all your desires, i know them, He says
just stop.


for this day look to no other
the One who waits for my wondering heart
He is gentle, forgiving and kind
He is all satisfying
to those who cross my path, do they see Him
to those who i miss; they come and go
i entrust to Him


today i stop. listen and wait.
a master piece is what He calls me
to the One whom i belong i ask,
"prepare me for the desires of my heart,
for in this You are most glorified"



http://www.redletterwords.com

No comments: