Sunday, July 8

living in the moment

photo i look. i love it. its still ... and the shape reminds me of the Trinity.
living in the moment is something i struggle to do.
being home from school...loving being home..i love my family with all my heart...but knowing i'll be back to a busy schedule soon far away is hard.

today i went back to my home church. it was so fun seeing familiar faces that i love and hearing the word of God taught. yet something seemed so off...i realized i wasn't living in the moment. Instead of thanking the Lord for the opportunity to be back i became sad at seeing changes and feeling like an outsider in a place i had invested so much of my heart into. Instead of asking the Lord to bring opportunities to bless and be blessed by the body of Christ I just wanted to leave.... or i wanted to stay. but stay for good.

again and again it gives me such comfort to know this world is not our home.
Oh may the reality of eternity impact ever moment here...every choice. every reaction i have to any given situation the Lord puts me in.
being selfish causes me to miss out on so much.. God isn't limited by the fact that my focus is off...He continues to draw people to Himself..i just miss out on the blessing of being a part of my Father's Master piece.

it might not just be that i struggle to live in the moment, but i struggle to live in the moment with my eyes fixed on Jesus... yes this is what i long for.

This song was sung in church today and it always edifies my soul.
Before the throne of God Above: Charitie L. Bancroft, 1863.


Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in Heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace,
One in Himself I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God!

No comments: